Knights of Columbus
Immaculate Conception Council 4513
Business Meeting Minutes
Per a suggestion, we will now give a meeting summary
14 FEB 2018
- Meeting started at 7PM
- Grand Knight welcomed all present recognizing both Valentines Day and Ash Wednesday
- Newest 3rd degree member Ron "Bob" Berger
- Past activities: Pancake Dinner, Superbowl Football Squares
- Update on sick members: Wesley Russell, Bob Prokop, Mike Portis, Mike Carpenter and PGK Charlie Ouellette.
- Donation from last Tootsie Roll Drive delivered to Penrickton.
- Taxes will be done by preparer found to the Worthy Treasurer. Last years returns given to him for preparer.
- Upcoming events in MAR: 10-11 Donuts after all masses, 12 Shamrock Shuffle Set up, 14 Shamrock Shuffle/Next meeting, 24-25 Tootsie Roll Drive after all masses.
- Anyone wishing to run for KofC state office, introducing a proposal, or attending the convention Memorial Day weekend on Mackinac Island, let us know.
- We need a couple to be the council's Building the Domestic Church Chaircouple to develop and implement programs that help the entire family to better understand their Catholic faith and put it into practice. Straight forward step by step implementation actions will be provided.
- Retention: Membership is at 220. 2 suspensions and 3 voluntary resignations are pending.
- Voted to pay all the Supreme semiannual per capita tax which had been corrected for our loss of our membership. Voted to pay half of the uncorrected State semiannual per capita tax. Will pay balance when corrected assessment is made.
- Treasurer reported all account balance
- FS announced that Knight Alert Letters were going out shortly. Have 34 delinquent members to date. 10 are chronic with 2 or more years in arrears.
- District Deputy discussed importance of membership and family.
- Chancellor presented revised sick list.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:46 PM.
Minutes from 14 MAR 2018
7 PM Meeting opened. Worthy Distct Deputy and Faithful Navigator Assembly #1536 present.
Grand Knights Report
-Yet another conflict WED meeting. Shamrock Shuffle also held. Members encouraged to attend and assist with cleanup after 9 PM
-Chaplain and WDD agree to move monthly meeting to second THU to accommodate Fr. Iber. Will start in APR 2018
-Active shooter training conducted at church. 2 Followup information sessions will be scheduled for all parishoners.
-Donuts/Recruiting event conducted last weekend. Next D/R event will be 7-8 APR.
-Corporate communion also held last weekend. Note that Knights and their families are invited to sit together. Next CC scheduled to 9 AM mass on 24 JUN.
-Attended retention meeting on past MON. Please find family, friends, and coworkers who may be interested in becoming Knights.
-Council taxes being prepared.
-24-25 MAR Tootsie Roll Drive after all masses
-7-8 APR Donuts/Recruiting
-12 APR (THU) Meeeting
-Council Officer Nominations in MAY
Sickness-report given on health of members on sicklist. Keep them in your prayers.
219 members. 1 voluntary resignation, 1 reinstatement, 1 RCIA member going to join
Treasurer gave his report
Financial Secretary sent out Knight Alert letters.
District Deputy reported activities and encouraged recruiting members through their wives.
Faithful Navigator reported that Our Assembly will be having Corporate Communion and be performing a Chalice Ceremony for Tony Marone at St Colette, 17600 Newburgh Rd, Livonia on Saturday, April 7, at the 5:30 mass.
7:40 PM meeting adjourned.